Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mama Lewis' Biscuit Recipe

Here's my biscuit recipe, for those who asked. I modified one from my favorite cookbook, Set for Life, that Mom and Dad gave me when Neil and I married. I've made many, many of the recipes, and we haven't found one we don't like yet. I'll give the recipe with my modifications - I modified enough that you could say the recipe is now mine!

Melinda's Biscuits

2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp butter
1 cup kefir


Mix dry ingredients, then add liquid ingredients and mix until just blended. Gently knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 30 seconds. Roll out dough into 1/2" thickness and cut with biscuit cutter. Place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 12-14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment